Learning about a drug possession charge can feel unsettling and scary. Instead of wondering how to navigate the situation, hire a lawyer to guide you through the process. Partnering with a lawyer gives you access to the expertise that could lower your charges or get the charges dropped. In addition, drug possession lawyers are well-versed on how to best proceed after a drug possession charge.
Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer for a Drug Possession Charge
A trusted lawyer will conduct a thorough investigation to uncover all of the facts surrounding your drug possession charge. Even if you were in possession of illegal substances, there are details of the case that may change the charges.
For example, an expert law team will:
· Confirm the type of drug and amount of substance
· Learn if there is a doctor's prescription for a prescription drug
· Find out if the police officer had cause to search your vehicle or property
· Explore if you were misidentified as the owner of the substances
· Manage paperwork involved in the charges
· Discuss possible plea deals and the consequences of each
· Speak to the police officers on your behalf
· Advise you on how to act respectfully in the presence of law enforcement
· Explore treatment options to help in your case and set you up for a more positive future
· Prepare you for the worst
There are so many ways that hiring a lawyer will help you through your drug charges. Minimizing the impact of the drug possession charge is the ultimate goal so that you can move on with your life. When you have the help of a lawyer, you will learn about your potential and that a minor setback does not need to diverge your trajectory forever.
Working with an attorney will help you feel confident as the professional team encourages you toward a better future, no matter the outcome of this drug possession charge.
Our team at Miles & Hatcher, LLP, can assist you with receiving all the facts after a drug possession charge. We will advocate for you and prepare for any further details that need to be presented. Contact us, and we will schedule a free consultation: (909) 481-4080.