top of page

Drug Possession Charges: How a Criminal Lawyer Can Help

When you are charged with drug possession, the next steps will vary depending on the number of drugs and the kind of drug in your possession. The consequence also depends on your criminal record and how many times you have broken the law in the past.

How Can a Criminal Lawyer Help in Your Drug Possession Case?

When you take swift action and hire a criminal lawyer, you will show the court how serious you are about righting your wrong. With a professional lawyer fighting for your rights, you will partake of their expertise and be guided through the proper steps in the process.

Here is how a criminal lawyer can help:

· Drop Charges: If you have little to no criminal history and were found with a minimal amount of drugs in your possession, it is possible the charges can be dropped. Also, if an experienced lawyer finds a mistake in the case on the side of law enforcement, then your charges can be dropped.

· Reduce the Criminal Charge: A criminal lawyer can plead for your case and work to get your criminal charge reduced. For example, if you have a quantity for personal use in your possession and a clean record, it is likely your charge can be reduced.

· Stand By Your Side: If you are found with drugs on you that are above the personal use limit, then some states require a mandatory prison sentence. However, our team will stand by your side through the process and explain anything that is confusing or frightening during the process.

With a trusted team of lawyers on your side who know the ins and outs and drug possession charges, you will be able to clear your record or serve the minimum sentence. Therefore, it is imperative to get a lawyer on your side to fight for your rights in your drug possession case.

At Miles & Hatcher, LLP, you can work with our trusted team to come to a solution in your drug possession case. Do not hesitate to hire a lawyer and gain the best possible results in your charge. Call to schedule a consultation today: (909) 481-4080.

8 views0 comments
bottom of page