Divorce can be a frustrating and painful process, and the last thing you want is a lawyer that adds to that turmoil. Find a lawyer that can help you navigate the steps of divorce without adding flame to the fire. What makes a great divorce attorney?
5 Tips for Finding the Right Divorce Attorney
You can take your time to find the right divorce attorney for your situation. Here are some tips on how to go about it:
1. Research What to Expect: Get a general idea of how divorce proceedings usually work. Once you are familiar with terms like splitting assets and custody agreements, you can have a starting off point for your questions. You can also learn about mediation or litigation and decide what process may work best for you.
2. Interview At Least 3 Law Offices: Take your time in choosing a divorce lawyer. Meet with a few offices to feel out the priorities of their teams and if they align with your values.
3. Skip the Nonsense: A good divorce lawyer will help you to break free of the emotional side of the divorce and focus on what really matters. If your ex is taking cheap shots or trying to provoke you, it is valuable to have a lawyer that can talk you down from taking the bait.
4. Ask All the Questions: If you find yourself in front of an attorney who is too intimidating, leaving you too nervous to ask your questions, then it’s time to move on. Instead, find a lawyer that is open to questions and can explain everything in a way that makes sense.
5. Do Not Settle for Less: Divorce is a life-changing decision, and you don’t want to be in the position where you give up part of your life’s work. So go into divorce knowing your priorities, and find a lawyer who will fight for you.
Our team at Miles & Hatcher, LLP, is here to help you through your divorce proceedings. You can meet with us and ask all the questions you have. In addition, you will find that our team is here to advocate for you on all the aspects of divorce that matter. Call to schedule a free consultation: (909) 481-4080.